Monday, December 1, 2014

Reasons why being a SAHM is the absolute best job ever.

I'm going to start keeping a running tab on all of the reasons why becoming a SAHM is the best thing I've ever done. I'm adding to it as I think of or come across something so these reasons are in no particular order.

For those of you who may be on the fence about whether or not to give up your career, check out this list.

For those of you who, like me, sometimes need a little reminding about why becoming a SAHM was the right decision for you, read this list.
  1. I am there for ALL of her firsts. The first time she laughed; the first time she rolled over. And I will be there for the first time she says "mama"; the first time she crawls; her first steps. Each first will only happen once in her life and witnessing them is a precious experience.
  2. I get to know her. Like really know her. I know the meaning of every cry. I know what makes her laugh, what scares her, what she will find interesting or exciting, and exactly how to soothe her. 
  3. No more parent-teacher "interviews". My school always holds this fun little shindig the night before Thanksgiving break. They informed parents of the "rules" - only visit the teachers of the subjects in which your child is struggling; hours are from 7-9pm; first come first serve basis. Well, parents who pay $10-20K to send their kids to high school don't really do so well with rules and these nights always had an "I'm being thrown to the wolves" kind of vibe.
  4. I get to try (and fail) at Pinterest more than I'd like to. 
  5. My best friend posts about her awful train commutes into NYC. As a SAHM, I don't have to commute or deal with big smelly men who wear awful hair pieces and don't understand the concept of personal space. 
  6. Christmas shopping (and most of my other errands) are done during the weekdays while people are at work. Know what that means? No crazy crowds! And I get to actually enjoy the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season. 
  7. I will never have to worry about stuff like this! http://m.news4jax.com/news/ymca-staffer-accused-of-duct-taping-childs-mouth/30266728
  8. I can go back "home" for two weeks at a time. I spent two great weeks up north and will be spending another two weeks up here in March! Did I mention that the March trip was planned so that I could see one of my favorite bands in concert in NYC? 
  9. I can say yes to an impromptu road trip with my BFF to check out Atlanta, Georgia. Like, next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment