Monday, December 1, 2014

Pumpkin Cranberry Cookies

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving! I know I did. 

We spent Turkey Day this year at my aunt and uncle's house (which meant NO leftovers...sob...) and I put myself on dessert duty. One of the desserts I made were these yummy pumpkin cranberry cookies that my mom made when I was a kid. They're supposed to be jumbo cookies (hence the crazy amount of ingredients) but I just made several batches of regular sized globs of goodness. No joke - this recipe made about 5 dozen cookies!

So here you go:

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups flour
  • 2 cups uncooked oatmeal
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter (softened)
  • 2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups cooked pumpkin (I used canned instead. 2 cups is slightly more than one whole can)
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 tsp vanilla


Pampered Chef Tools Used:

Pampered Chef Kitchen Essentials
The tools I listed above really are essentials - things that every cook should have in his/her kitchen. The reason I love Pampered Chef is that their stuff lasts FOREVER. Seriously - I have a few tools (one being a batter bowl) that are almost ten years old. I've never had to replace anything unless I wanted to. So it is definitely safe to say that your money is well spent.

And can we please talk about stoneware? I mean, I'm a stoneware newbie but WOW! Talk about even cooking. I swear that everything I cook in or on my stoneware comes out perfectly. I have my eye on the Deep Covered Baker next ;)

Okay, back to the cookies! 

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Combine oats, flour, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside
  • Cream the butter. Gradually add sugars and beat until light and fluffy 
  • Add egg and vanilla. Mix well (I ended up using an electric mixer here)
  • Alternate additions of dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well after each addition. 

  • Stir in cranberries. 
  • Drop scoops onto the bar pan (they don't have to be spaced far apart since they don't expand much)
  • Bake 20-25 minutes (I baked each batch for 22 minutes).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment