Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I'm Dreaming of a Big Chill Christmas

Maybe it was my talking about how I should have been a 1950s housewife or actually watching two episodes of I Love Lucy yesterday that prompted my dream last night. Are you ready for this? I actually dreamt of appliances.

Last night I dreamt that I found (yes, found!) this amazing pair of 1950s style refrigerators. One was mint and the other was a pretty pastel blue. They were just sitting there, all alone in some tall beach grass. Then, out of nowhere, a woman came out and congratulated me on finding them. She then told me that since I had found them, I could pick one and keep it. OMG! A new fridge!!! And I WON IT (I never win anything)! I chose the blue one, but I woke up before I was able to get it home. I was bummed about that.

I had never actually seen this type of refrigerator in a store. In fact, the only place I've seen it was in a People Magazine article where it was listed as one of Miranda Lambert's favorite things (it's slide number 5 and hers is pink). I had to know more about them.

I woke up this morning and have been sitting here reading about these wondrous creations and just pinning amazing kitchens designed around Big Chill appliances. I think I'm in love.

Big Chill appliances were founded in 2001 in Boulder, Colorado by Thom Vernon and his nephew, Orion Creamer. Thom wanted something for his vintage beach house: "a retro design with modern functionality".

These energy efficient refrigerators boast a steel body with chrome trim, and are available in over 200 custom colors. (actually, the whole thing is customizable) Oh...and they come in mini size which means you can keep one in your office or give your kid the coolest fridge in the dorms. Then I found that they do more than just refrigerators - ranges, microwaves, hoods, and  dishwashers - which means that I can have a full Big Chill kitchen in my new house! Omg YES!!!

So naturally, I started pinning away. Check out what I found. Almost immediately, I found my new dream kitchen. Here it is:
THIS IS THE COLOR FROM MY DREAM!!!

I absolutely love this shade of blue with the dark cabinets

Even without the pop of color, Big Chill still makes for an amazing looking kitchen

Here is the other color I dreamt about!

The possibilities are endless


These appliances are a designer's dream and my new obsession so of course I had to share it. Now I'm off to revise my letter to Santa ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment