Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pork Fried "Rice"

This recipe is from the Wheat Belly 30-Minute (Or less!) Cookbook.

Ingredients:
  • 1 head cauliflower, broken into large pieces
  • 2 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
  • 4 scallions, sliced (I swore I bought these, but I guess I didn't. So I left them out)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 eggs, whisked
  • 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2" cubes
  • 1/4 cup tamari or gluten-free soy sauce (I used tamari)
Materials:
  • Using the manual food processor, shred the cauliflower. Place in a microwaveable bowl. Cover and microwave for 4 minutes, stirring once, or until desired doneness. 
    Cauliflower after going through the food processor
  • Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in the stir-fry skillet. Cook the scallions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the eggs and stir continuously until cooked through and slightly browned. Remove the egg mixture to a bowl and set aside. 
  • Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp of oil to the skillet. Cook the pork, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in the tamari, steamed cauliflower, and the reserved egg mixture. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes, or until heated through. 
*I was going to add carrots for some reason but decided against it. So they are in the picture, but not in the finished product. 

It was delicious. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment