Sunday, November 16, 2014

Turkey Meatloaf

I have a real issue with meatloaf. I just don't think that any meat should be in the shape of a loaf. Gross. 

However, my mom made us a delicious turkey meatloaf when I came home from the hospital with Baby J and I have been making it ever since (although I still shudder when I dump it into the pan). 

This is a quick and easy dinner to make and the leftovers are yummy as well. So I figured I would share this one with you (I forgot to take a picture of the finished product but it's just a meatloaf covered in a red sauce).

Ingredients:

Meatloaf

1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
3/4 cups crushed Ritz crackers
1/2 cup milk
1 onion (finely diced) 
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 cloves minced garlic (I just use a scoop from a jar)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Sauce

1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease loaf pan

2. Mix all of the meatloaf ingredients together (mixing by hand is the grossest but best way to do this - and since I had my hands in it, I have no pictures of the process).

3. Pour into the loaf pan and pat into a loaf



4. Bake meatloaf in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. 

5. After 30 minutes, remove the meatloaf from the oven and drain whatever juices are in the pan. 


6. Pour sauce over the meatloaf and return to the oven for an additional 30 minutes. 

My favorite sides to serve with this are green beans and mashed potatoes. Yum!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment