Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Oops...

So I totally flaked on my week's worth of healthy dinners. Maybe I'll try again in two weeks when I'm on spring break.

Needless to say, things just got really hectic and the next few weeks don't look like they'll be slowing down much.

Last week I started 5 units of NPH (insulin) before bed to regulate my fasting blood sugars (they're still on the high side). Because of that, my OB scheduled me for a c-section on April 30 at 8:00 am. WHOA! April starts next week!!! If I happen to go into labor earlier than April 30 on my own, then I can deliver naturally. He just doesn't want me going past that date.

I know a lot of people who would be "disappointed" about needing a c-section or worried about the fact that yes, it is major abdominal surgery. But me? I'm actually pretty relieved for a few reasons:

1) I know that she will be closely monitored before, during and after surgery and they'll make sure she's okay.

2) 1) I'm horribly impatient. Knowing that she will be here by a specific date makes me less anxious.

3) There won't be any pushing (unless, like I said, I go into labor naturally before the 30th). Therefore, her head and my lady parts won't be all sorts of misshapen after birth. Shallow? Probably.

4) I'll get more money from my STD and Hospital Indemnification Policies (an extra couple of hundred dollars never hurt anyone).

I think that's it for now. Of course, there are some things that I worry about as well:

1) I won't get to hold her right away.

2) Recovery from a c-section.

I don't know much about them so that's all I have for now.

Either way, there is no avoiding the fact that this little princess is coming on April 30, and I absolutely cannot wait to meet her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment