Wednesday, April 9, 2014

To-Do List...some odds and ends before the princess arrives.

So our little bundle of joy will be here three weeks from today! That being said, there is still a LOT of stuff to be done. Luckily I'm a planner and have been tackling this list for a couple of weeks now.

1. Wash baby's bedding, clothing, burp cloths, covers (Boppy cover, Rock n Play cover, etc.).

2. Schedule cleaning lady for the day before we come home from the hospital.

3. Schedule fur baby's spa appointment.

4. Take car seat for an inspection to ensure that it has been installed properly.

5. Put together the swing.

6. Get my hair cut.

7. Stock up on paper goods, cleaning products, food staples at BJs/Costco. 

8. Pack hospital bag. This is about half done. 

9. Buy post-partum supplies (pads, anything else doctor recommends following a c-section)

10. Get some books from the library to keep me occupied over the next couple of weeks and during my hospital stay.

11. Buy more and finish thank-you cards from my baby shower.

12. Get AFLAC paperwork in order and ready to send.

13. Get carrying case for breast pump (my insurance company provides the pump but no accessories).

14. Get a new area rug for the living room.

15. Type up "birth plan"/requests for the hospital.

16. Sterilize bottles, nipples, pacifiers.

17. Put together the diaper bag (not imperative since it will not be coming to the hospital).

18. Pick up some loose fitting, black pajama pants.

19. Grab a nursing nightgown for the hospital.

20. Order bulk K-cups!

21. Sterilize breast pump parts.

That's all I've got for now. Today I was able to cross off what has already been done - yay!

I've already accomplished quite a bit so this is just what I have left. I will have to update this here if I think of anything else, but this really seems to be it for the time being.

Some other things I've done over the past couple of weeks that I think are super important:

- I set up the pack n play next to the bed and stocked it with diapers, vaseline, wipes, aquaphor (I got a ton of it at my shower so why not?), receiving blankets, burp cloths, a couple changes of clothes in case of a diaper blow-out, extra swaddles, and some waterproof pads.

- I purchased a new (and larger) memory card for the camera.

- Hubs installed the car seat and set up the stroller.

- Put together the rock n' play.

- Bought, washed, and packed nursing tanks, new flip flops, nursing pjs and robe, and all of the toiletries in my hospital bag.

- Washed all of her clothes, blankets, bibs, and bedding and put it all away in her dresser and closet.

I guess all that's left is to bring this little girl home!

No comments:

Post a Comment