Thursday, December 12, 2013

Best moments of the week

On Tuesday December 10, 2013 I woke up with some spotting.  Nothing major - just a bit of pink on the TP (sorry if that's too much for you but hey, it is what it is) - but I called the doctor just to be on the safe side.  They wanted me to come in right away.  Yeah....couldn't happen since I work about an hour away from the office AND it decided to snow so I made an appointment for 4pm.  

Work decided to send us home at 11:30 because the snow wasn't letting up, so I called the doctor back to see if they had any earlier appointment times.  Turns out they had a 1:15 in their other, smaller office which happens to be about ten minutes from my house (I've been traveling 30-40 minutes to their main office) - why the hell didn't I know about this closer, smaller, and much more comfortable office sooner???  

Anyway, I wasn't too worried when I got to the office since I hadn't spotted any more than that one instance.  I even told the office this, thinking that maybe they would just let me keep the anatomy scan appointment which is scheduled for December 18.  Nope - they wanted me in that day.  Thank God though because it actually turned out to be the best day ever!  

The sono tech, who was super sweet and really thorough, did the scan and said that baby looked and measured perfectly.  She asked if we knew what we were having, and we said that we were told it was a boy at our 12 week/NT scan.  As we were discussing this, I noticed that she had a perfect view of in between baby's legs - which were spread WIDE open - and I saw absolutely nothing.  I mean, shouldn't his "nub" have grown a little more by now?  Did it fall off?  Oh no! 

The tech "tsk tsked" and said they should never tell anyone so early on what the sex is because they really do look the same.  And, as it so happens, our first tech was wrong.  WE. ARE. HAVING. A. GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I was really happy with a perfectly healthy, growing, developing little boy and actually started finding and buying some nice looking boy things, but I was so ecstatic I almost jumped off of the table when she said girl.  Not only have I spent years praying for a baby, but I always threw "girl" into the mix for good measure.  It is literally my dream come true.  

Over the past two months since we were told boy, I can't lie and say I didn't feel little pangs of jealousy over people who announced they were Team Pink.  We have our full anatomy scan in six days, and I'm now praying that she's still a girl.  I'm sure she will be.  The tech spent quite a while checking and rechecking from every possible angle and all she was able to show us was the "hamburger" - aka the three lines that are the labia.  There wasn't a penis in sight.  So, here she is!  


Knowing that my baby is, in fact, a little princess still feels surreal.  Hopefully after Wednesday's appointment I'll feel better and then it's time to start shopping! 

Another favorite moment, however, came last night.  My husband always says goodnight to my stomach.  He'll say "goodnight little one" or "baby".  Last night it was "goodnight princess" and it absolutely melted my heart.  I can't wait to see him with her, and I'm pretty convinced that she already has him wrapped abound her itty bitty fingers :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment